Our retail channel is our most popular career choice, with over 900 employees working on our counters nationally.
We are extemely proud of the many success stories within our Head Office where current Executives and Senior Leaders started casually at one of our counters and attribute their success to the grass roots learning acquired on the retail counter.
The ELC brands are diverse and each require a range of skills based upon the individual position itself, but most importantly is the passion for helping others and providing an exceptional customer experience. This passion combined with a challenger spirit to constantly evolve, learn and challenge the status quo is essential in our world here at ELC.
Generally accross our retail roles we also look for the following skills and experience;
- Previous retail, customer service and/or beauty experience
- The flexibility to work retail hours (these often include late night trading, weekends and public holidays)
- An inherent trait to 'pitch in' and assist your peers whilse working towards a shared & common goal
Whilst our cosmetic brands see Artistry Qualifications as advantageous, this is not essential. We believe with the right fundamental skills, confidence and commitment to learn our internal training and development offerings can enhance these existing skills to our desired level.
Across our remaining brands any experience in Skincare, Haircare & Fragrance is also advantageous. This experience may extend from tertiary knowledge or practical, hands on experience, and again, we are able to offer the relevant training to further grow these skills and capabilities.
For our retail leadership positions there are additional requirements that we seek;
- Previous management experience ideally gained in a retail environment, where the management of a team has been demonstrated
- Strong business acumen and the ability to oversee the daily running and operations of a retail store/counter
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor and develop a team to their fullest potential with a commitment to always maintain confidence and demonstrate respect
- Strong relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional time management skills and the capability to juggle and prioritize tasks
Take the first step in a rewarding and varied career and see for yourself the many possibilities a retail career can provide - so apply today!